Minecraft players who love farming or, more specifically, breeding animals will love Animania mod 1.12.2. Before the creation of this mod, game animals were just passive entities that would merely stroll mindlessly around Minecraft world until a passerby ended up killing those animals for their drops. But those days are gone! Big thanks to authors of this mod, the said issue is not a problem anymore.
This mod created for Minecraft version 1.12.2 is a remarkable intellectual property that has carefully planned game improvements with all details wisely considered. It is designed so that in-game experience and everything in the game happen as they should. Specifically, this mod has been created to completely change the game animals so that they are an active part of the game world.
The authors, Purplicious_Cow and RazzleberryFox, define Animania as an immersive mod that substitutes and further develops the passive animals found in Minecraft, adding several types of breeds and new species, with new behaviors and genders.
An intellectual property like this mod requires careful attention. If you are a Minecraft gamer who is a keen observer, you will notice that there were a lot of changes in this mod. Authors of Animania mod has released the following updates and features:
- Hamster wheel is added.
- Horse cart is added.
- WAILA, HWYLA, TOP, and JEI supports are added.
- Performance improvements are added for animal pathing.
- Horse carts no longer disconnect if you run into an entity.
- Horse carts can now be grabbed if you are one level above or below the cart (you no longer have to be standing at the same level).
- Female cows (heifers) now defend themselves.
- Found issue causing animals to disappear
- Salt lick no longer crashing server and ruining world when placed next to troughs
- Fixed a bug where Animania blocks were connecting to fences
- Enlarged hit boxes for foals and calves
- Special Animania milks now added to Ore Dictionary under “listAllMilk”
- Seeds now working with dispenser properly even when Botania is installed
- Animals now eating crops created by other mods like Harvest Craft, as long as they extend Block Crops
By the Minecraft.net terms, this Animania mod is sole property of Purplicious_Cow and RazzleberryFox. So only they can distribute it through the Minecraft Forum and CurseForge website. No parts of this mod may be mirrored. Making money off this mod is strictly not allowed. Animania Mod isn’t an open source.
Further Improvements of the Mod
Animania mod is barely new so expect a lot of changes and updates, and it will be continually updated by the authors themselves. Here are other improvements done as stated by “The Owners”:
- Improved animal breeding which will have more realistic growth rate
- Better animations, textures, and models
- Animal behaviors and actions now more accurate
- Proper feeding and caring of animals
- New and better products and resources available for players
Having an animal farm of your own even just in a game world is a delightful experience for gamers especially for active Minecraft players. This mod allows gamers to breed different species of animals, i.e., cows, pigs, and chickens. Furthermore, improve their growth rate for a more lifelike experience in the game world. It is amazing also that animal behaviors and their actions in the game are actually close to 100% accuracy!
If you ever thought of breeding animals, now you have the chance to do it in the world of Minecraft. “The Owners” of Animania mod deserve a pat on their backs for a job well done for a very well-thought-out mod for Minecraft, so this is a definite must-have for all Minecraft gamers.