What is Xaero’s Minimap Mod 1.12.2?
Xaero’s Minimap Mod 1.12.2 and 1.11.2 was originally part of the Better PVP Mod but a lot of people wanted the author to release the minimap as a separate mod. Basically, Xaero’s Minimap is just the minimap as a separate mod, that gives players a miniature map with a bird’s eye view of their current location and their immediate surroundings. Making a map in Minecraft can be a tough prospect, especially when you’re just starting off in a new world and it is one of the items you desperately need. That’s a brutal kind of irony when you think about it, but thankfully there are some mods that can alleviate the grief of getting lost in your hundredth new world, or whatever the number might be. There are many Minimap options for Minecraft but few are as clean as Xaero’s Minimap. It has a very clean interface and blends well with the overall Minecraft aesthetic. You can set waypoints manually and even deathpoints will be created automatically if you die. Overall it’s very customizable to suit your needs.
This is great news for players who needs a reliable, easy-to-read minimap which is always present. The location of the Xaero’s Minimap can be moved to various corners of the screen, and it works both above and below ground level, seamlessly switching from a surface view to a cave view. With the Xaero’s Minimap Mod, all mobs will show up as yellow dots, players as white, usable items as red and other things like picture frames and arrows will appear as purple dots.
Unlike other minimap mods, the Xaero’s Minimap Mod keeps the aesthetic feel and look of vanilla Minecraft which might even make you forget that it was a mod in the first place. It’s also the first rotating square minimap for the game. This mod could be the best map mod in Minecraft today. Waypoints can be created by pressing B and you can even teleport to them if you want. You can also choose whether you want to see those in game or have them hidden. They’ll still remain in your list regardless, which can be access by pressing U. Possibly the best part of Xaero’s Minimap is that it recognizes when you’re underground. This is greatly helpful if you’re trekking through caves and abandoned mines and need a quick reference of where you are. Combine that with waypoints and you’ll never get lost again.
The custom settings are what makes this minimap mod truly personal. You can adjust the size exactly to your liking. Set the display HUD to show players, items, and mobs. And even move it around wherever it works best for you. Choose wherever you want it to be or choose from one of four presets. Moreover, Xaero’s Minimap add a lot of new features to Minecraft like cave maps, waypoints, deathpoints, and much more, see features list below.
- Aesthetic feel and look of vanilla Minecraft.
- Accurate colours.
- Full texture pack support.
- Multiple languages.
- Runs smoother than most minimap mods.
- Ability to lock north.
- Works both above and under ground.
- Togglable chunk grid.
- Togglable slime chunks mode.
- Cave maps.
- Waypoints. Infinite amount. Can be teleported to (permission needed). Press B to create a new waypoint. Press U to list all the waypoints.
- In-game waypoints. Waypoints will also be visible in-game. Can be disabled.
- Deathpoints. An automatic waypoint is created on each death.
- Displays mobs on the map as yellow dots. Customizable in the settings. Hostile and friendly mobs can be coloured differently.
- Displays players on the map as white dots. Customizable in the settings.
- Displays items on the map as red dots. Customizable in the settings.
- Displays all the other entities such as arrows and item frames as purple dots (Different types of entities can be disabled in mod settings). Customizable in the settings.
- Zoom in and out keybinds (I and O).
- Coordinates under the minimap.
- Configurable settings. From minimap size to entity amount.
- Edit mode which lets you move the minimap whereever you desire.
- Compatible with the Better PVP Plugin for Bukkit servers.
- Updated to Minecraft 1.12.2 and 1.11.2 and 1.11.
- Fixed Toggle Minimap keybind not working.
- Fixed “Show Other Teams” option not saving.
- Fixed white screen on startup when using the latest Forge version.
- Automatic update checker.
- The improved frame around the minimap.
- New key bind to quickly add a new waypoint. Set to “B” by default.
How to Install this Mod?
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge API.
- Open Minecraft launcher then select Forge profile.
- Find your minecraft application folder:
On Windows, open Run from the start menu, type
%appdata%\.minecraft\and click Run. On Mac, open Finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for minecraft.
- Place Xaero’s Minimap Mod into your Mods folder. If you don't have one, create it now.