What is Winter Season Resource Pack 1.12.2?
Put your gloves on. The Winter Season resource pack 1.12.2 is going to make your gaming life a lot cooler. From the maker of the Autumn Season resource pack, Light Drifter, comes another texture pack from the season series. As the name suggests, this is a winter-themed pack that has spectacular visual modifications that are guaranteed to stir up the spirit of the Holidays in Minecraft.
From the birds-eye-view, the Winter Season resource pack is going to wake you up in a world of white. If you’re tired of the dull green theme texture packs, then this one is definitely going to refresh your view. Things are covered in snow, and it gives a compelling impression as if there was a strong snowstorm the night before. Aside from a few changes in some items, there isn’t much change in the gameplay. It mainly enhances the environment.
The Winter Season resource pack makes everything look vibrant with its light color palette. Some plants were changed to seasonal winter plants to complement the wintery environment. Animals also seem like they’re adapting to the climate. Wolves are retextured to imitate how they look like in real life during winter. Even creepers are covered in snow. There are also some ice patches on the ground. Its design is delightful yet inevitably nostalgic with all the enhancements in the game.
With just mainly aesthetic changes in the world of Minecraft, this resource pack is recommended to be used with other mods to enhance your gaming experience further. It doesn’t do a complete overhaul of the game, but if it’s a nice winter wonderland that you want, this is the resource pack for you.
Light Drifter always updates the game and quickly responds to feedback. The Winter Season resource pack is currently at its 100% completion. The developer also expressed his intention to change some more things in the game like lily pads and other vegetation to make it flawless. It received a lot of good comments from players worldwide, too.
Here’s a list of the updates on 1.12.2 version of the Winter Season resource pack:
- Clearer water
- New dead leaves
- New medium tree texture from fence
- New dirt patch
- New ice texture
- Better tree coloring
- New dirt patches texture
- New flower textures
- New roots texture
- Added dead roots texture
- New ice patch texture
- New dead tree
- Fixed grass texture
- Created dead bush texture
- Made twisted fallen branches texture
- Made bear texture darker
- Started to work on weapon changes
- Created new texture for wolf
- Created new texture for bear
- Changed foliage colors
- Added purple kale like plant
- Edited pack logo
- Edited long grass texture
- Started work on wolf texture
- Fixed oxeye daisy texture to be denser
- Created new texture for rose bush, it’s now an evergreen tree (Different tone from autumn pack evergreen tree.)
- Got rid of broken leaf texture
- Created new oxeye daisy texture it’s now a curly spine type plant
This featured resource pack runs on the newest Minecraft version 1.12.2 and comes with a 16×16 resolution making it possible for low-end to mid-ranged computers to run it with minimal to zero frame-rate issues.
We can conclude that the Winter Season resource pack is a very aesthetically pleasing texture pack that comes with an accessible resolution and great support. This can undoubtedly take your gaming experience to a whole new snowy level. It’s perfect for players who want to add a nice wintery touch to their usual game.
How to Install this Resource Pack?
- Make sure you have already installed OptiFine HD Mod.
- In Minecraft, go to options, and click the "Resource Packs" button. Then click the "Open resource pack folder" button.
- Place Winter Season Resource Pack into this resourcepacks folder.