Ruins Mod is a structure spawning system mod that makes the gameplay more interesting by systematically spawning structures all over the world. Various types of structures now appear in the game the same way as strongholds and villages do. These additional structures spawn when specific conditions are met and they follow a pre-set template. With this mod installed, you can expect to see ruins spawning in almost all types of biomes, even those located underwater. But what makes these additional structures so great is that they come with treasures you can loot and mobs you can fight for item drops. However, you will still need to exercise some caution when exploring as there are traps set all over the place as well.
Ruins Mod 1.11 implements two additional structures which include a Treehouse. The Treehouse is a cleverly designed multi-level structure that has a hollow trunk. It contains chests that contain some useful items but will require some skill in order to reach them. For example, one of the chests is found beneath a gravel pillar. Right above it are some glass blocks with lava source. If you rush to get the chest without strategizing, you might set the tree on fire. This would be a waste as the structure can serve as a shelter if explored and set up properly.
Another structure you will come across with when this mod is installed is the lava well trap. This often has gold or diamond ores at the bottom. But while these resources are quite valuable, you will need to come up with the right technique to mine them. Mistakes can result in lava flooding down to you. But with the right strategy in exploring this structure and all others implemented by the mod, you can get your hands on some useful items. The mod is forge-based, so make sure you have the right forge version installed for a seamless build.
Install Ruins Mod 1.11.2
Follow this short installation tutorial to know how to properly install Ruins Mod in Minecraft.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod on this page.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On Windows open Run from the start menu, type
%appdata%.minecraftand click Run.
- On Mac open Finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Need help? Feel free to leave a comment below this article.
Download Ruins Mod
- for all versions: Download Ruins Mod