RFTools Mod Overview
RFTools Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 is an amazing and regularly updated Minecraft mod that adds a huge number of new machines and items that are useful in an RF (Redflux) based environment. The original idea of RFTools is to provide various items and tools that will make it easier for people to manage big RF networks and help with tech builds in general. This mod is not meant to be used on its own. You should use it together with mods like Thermal Expansion, EnderIO, and so on.
Moreover, the RFTools Mod contains a few major systems for teleportation (a bit similar to Star Trek, not with regular portals) as well as a fully featured dimension building system. RFTools adds a very high number of items and blocks for Minecraft 1.12.2/1.11.2:
- RFTools Manual: an in-game craftable manual for this mod.
- RF Network Monitor: with this item you can check out the RF situation in a set of connected blocks and find out where all the energy is going.
- RF Monitor: this block can monitor the RF situation in another block near it (3x3x3 area). It gives a visual representation of the amount of RF in the block and can also send out a redstone signal under certain conditions.
- Crafter: this is an automatic crafter that can handle up to 8 recipes at once and also allows crafting recipes to use the results of earlier recipes in the same machine.
- Scanner: with this block you can make it easier to find your stuff in your storage network.
- Power Relay: with this block you can throttle down a part of your power network in case a redstone signal is given (or not). This can be used (in combination with the RF Monitor) to turn off ore procession (for example) in case your main power system doesn’t have enough power.
- Teleportation system: several blocks for a powerful teleportation system.
- Power generation: RFTools contains a powerful but rather complicated power generation system for the more adventerous tinkerers among you.
- Simple but powerful shield system that can selectively block players, mobs, items, animals and so on.
- Developers Delight item. A tool for developers!
- A modular screen system to display various values like energy level, fluid contents, time of the day, dimension power and so on.
- A powerful mob spawner.
- A Block Protector that uses RF to protect blocks against harvesting and explosions. Ideal for your Wither spawner for example or just to protect your base.
- A very comprehensive and fully featured dimension builder system!
- Searchable and flexible modular storage system with supports for remote access.
- A powerful Builder that can move, copy, and swap structures. It can also build geometrical structures, void areas and quarry areas.
- Support for Open Computers and ComputerCraft (shield, teleportation system, dimension builder and screen controller).
- RFTools now requires McJtyLib 1.12.2/1.11.2 or 1.11.
- Added more color options for screen modules (for example black is now possible).
- It is now possible to go back and forth in all cycle buttons by pressing shift when clicking the button. That way you don’t have to click the button a lot if you accidentally went past the option that you wanted. This works for color choices as well as normal choice labels (like the shape cycle button in the shape card).
- Slightly decreased the horizontal dimensions of the teleportation beam so it doesn’t interact with adjacent blocks.
How to Install RFTools Mod?
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge API.
- Open Minecraft launcher then select Forge profile.
- Find your minecraft application folder:
On Windows, open Run from the start menu, type
%appdata%\.minecraft\and click Run. On Mac, open Finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for minecraft.
- Place RFTools Mod into your Mods folder. If you don't have one, create it now.