Restricted Portals Mod is a mod that delivers exactly what its name suggests. In Minecraft, portals are a great way to travel from one dimension to another. However, this is often misused and abused especially in multiplayer games. Some players use the portals to bypass earlier games. Aside from this, you can also use the mod for a variety of other reasons. So, what the mod does is require for certain items to be crafted and added to the inventory before the portal can be used. The crafted items serve as activation keys that safeguard the portal. It is the same as when you use a proximity or access card in secure locations.
Restricted Portals Mod 1.11 implements four different configurations. These include the list of crafted items needed to get access to a dimension. It also includes the dimension ID’s, Dimension Names and Blocked Messages. With this mod installed, you can control access to other dimensions such as The Nether and The End. According to MoreThanHidden, the mod’s developer, future updates may include completely blocking off portal use, changing the blocked messages through the config feature, unlocking animation and including particle effects.
Unlike most other mods, Restricted Portals does not deliver additional items or elements. However, the function that it does offer can be quite handy. So, if you have been looking around for a utility mod that gives you more control over the portals, this is definitely perfect for you. Installation is easy and the only add-on that you need is the latest Minecraft forge version. The steps in installing the mod are also easy. Just download the mod version compatible with your client and transfer the files into the ‘mods’ folder. Once you relaunch the game, you are good to go. You can now control access to other dimensions by restricting portal users.
Install Restricted Portals Mod 1.11.2
Follow this short installation tutorial to know how to properly install Restricted Portals Mod in Minecraft.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod on this page.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On Windows open Run from the start menu, type
%appdata%.minecraftand click Run.
- On Mac open Finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Need help? Feel free to leave a comment below this article.
Download Restricted Portals Mod
- for all versions: Download Restricted Portals Mod