Rei’s Minimap Mod 1.12 adds a brand new and very helpful minimap to Minecraft. Now you can easily find caves, mobs, and set way-points on any location on your map you never explored or you’d like to return to. Rei’s Minimap will help you to find caves, mobs, and set way-points more easily. This mod isone of the most dynamic modification tool to enhance your Minecraft experience. It will add a brilliant, custom-looking map into your world. All is highly customizable and looks just like the ones you’d normally see in well-known MMO games.
In other words, the Rei’s Minimap 1.12 introduces a very unique feature to your everyday Minecraft gameplay. The mod itself is updated at the same time Mojang adds new versions for the game. Its best feature is where it helps guide through a number of locations, travel across long distances and steer clear of gangs, dangerous animals and other unsavoury characters that are designed to interrupt the smooth playing experience. With a huge list of features, players can easily navigate underground with the cave feature, or above ground with the detailed compass and map. Rei’s Minimap is extremely detailed, allowing you to see different shades of colors, even if they are barely noticeable. You can also see types of biomes, caves, surface types and more.
The mod allow you to set waypoints and remember deathpoints. By pressing a specific key (configurable in the settings of the mod), the player can view a list of options. You can easily edit the keys from the config folder or in-game in the menu. To do this on a Mac, go to Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Minecraft > mods > rei_minimap > keyconfig.txt. You can find the menu hotkey and set it to whatever key you want. Rei’s Minimap Mod itself is a kind of package that contains a list of in game features that are useful in day-to-day activities in the player’s world. Using these features of this mod, players can successfully navigate through there world, above the surface or below using the cave feature. Maybe the player is trying to avoid or hunt mobs, the map offers a one of a kind feature, that pin points the mobs and animals, (including NPC villagers) with extraordinary spot on targeting. The further away you are from the mobs, the more transparent the markers on your map becomes.
Rei’s Minimap Mod adds a customisable minimap to the top right corner of the Minecraft window. Once the mod is installed press M to enable or disable the minimap and change various settings. The look and feel of the map can be changed as well as what it displays, for example animals, monsters and even other players on multiplayer. The mod also allows you to set waypoints which appear both on the minimap and in the Minecraft world. Download links are below!
The map works so smoothly and efficiently that it adds minimal lag into your game if any at all. You will be able to see, the objects and natural structures that load in your world. From Trees to mountains, you can see in full depth, and colour, the size and shape of each individual block. Each colour of the different blocks are amazingly in match with your texture pack. If your grass is a lighter shade of green than the default colour, then the map will show you a lighter shade. Rei’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft has many features including an ability to quickly process commands, show exquisite map rendering, express semi-transparent blocks and use a bump map expression of height; this is where you can alter the map’s display to give it a tilt effect. All of the features that come with the Rei’s Minimap Mod are incredibly unique to each other. From setting a death point, to changing the render type of the map, showing you the biome type, a cave, or the surface.
Rei’s Minimap Mod Features:
- Rei’s Minimap Mod features fast processing, beautiful map rendering, expression of semitransparent blocks, bump-map expression of height, expression of dynamically changing lighting and it automatically generate the block colors from your resource packs. It also include biome color, entities radar, cave mapping and much more.
- The map is easily customizable allowing you to change the size and transparency of the map itself, or to add or subtract features.You can also adjust the view on the map,letting you zoom in or out. You can also customize the keys to stop it from going above other mods.
- The compass feature allows you to see your directions, as well as your co-ordinates above or below your game. Usually to see these, you need to pause your game and press F3, but this way you always know where you are and where you’re going.
- It contains a locator on it that allows you to see location of mob spawners, animals and NPC villagers in the game, giving you the ability to avoid or attack. The further you get from these things, the lighter the marker for them becomes, letting you easily gauge a safe distance.
- Waypoints can be easily set on any location in your map but they can’t teleport a player to selected location. This includes areas you have never explored, as well as places you’d like to return to. You can color code any waypoint in order to better organize yourself and keep track of which areas you are using for what.
- Ingame keyconfig. The minimap, located in the top right corner, can be enabled or disabled using the M key. You can also enable or disable any of the features of the map.
- This mod use ZanMinimap frame appearance.
- Rei’s Minimap features an indicator of slime spawning chunks, however it does not work in multiplayer after Minecraft version 1.2.
- Support: Minecraft 1.12 and 1.11.
- Updated for Minecraft 1.11.
- Beta release for Minecraft 1.7.2.
- Fixed: not visible PlayerEntity of entity radar.
- Support: Minecraft 1.6.4/1.6.2.
How To Install Rei’s Minimap Mod 1.12
Rei’s Minimap Mod 1.12 is easy to install. This short tutorial will explain you how to install this mod in your Minecraft installation. This install guide should work with all existing versions of the game. Download links for this mod can be find below.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod on this page.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
If you need help, please leave a comment below! We can help you if you are still having problems getting the file to work. Other users can help you too!