OptiFine 1.11.2 is a mod that adds support for HD textures and a lot of options for better looks and FPS performance in your Minecraft world. Doubling the FPS is common. In other words it is a performance related tool that can provide a large FPS boost and dramatically reduce lag. OptiFine 1.11.2 and 1.11 also contains many advanced configuration options available from the video settings menu to further tweak performance.
Basically OptiFine HD Mod is a very useful tool that helps you to adjust your Minecraft settings effectively. It makes the game run way more smoothly and use less resources. Besides, it enables you to run HD textures and resource packs without installing more other mods. It is a perfect choice for players that want to run the game more smoothly on a slow or old computer. It is an indispensable tool for those playing Minecraft with new features like FPS boost, HD textures support, variable render distance, antialiasing, connected textures and more.
Optifine HD Mod 1.11.2, 1.11 and 1.10.2 is a mod that promises a significant boost to FPS for any Minecraft players, whether they are online or offline, playing in single player or with other people. Please not that for servers hosted by other users, the owner must have Optifine installed on his server for the tool to work, you having it installed on your own PC or Mac will not be enough, in this case. This tool is now updated to work with Minecraft 1.11.2! But it will still work well with any version of Minecraft though, and there are older versions of this mod if you’re the type of player who likes to play older versions of Minecraft, before many new elements were introduced to the game. While this Minecraft mod will make some improvements to the gameplay, there are some settings you can use once it is installed to maximize really the benefits. After this, Minecraft may not be much to look at, but that’s really not a big deal when you consider how blocky the game is anyhow. With Optifine, it’s possible to enjoy Minecraft even on old PCs.
There are those players who’s computers are very slow and Minecraft is lagging. Well, I would advise these people to use a mod called OptiFine. This tool optimizes your game world and increases the FPS. And of course, the gameplay will become much better and more interesting. Note that OptiFine HD Mod 1.11.2 is actually described as a performance enhancement modification that doubles the game’s frames per second. Another thing is that it automatically installs the high-definition resource packs and also allows you as the user to modify rendering, weather, fog and other visual options. This is usually for the purposes of allowing for better customization.
|FPS Boost||Doubling the FPS is common, decreases lag spikes and smooths gameplay|
|Support for HD Textures||HD textures and HD fonts, custom terrain and item textures, animated terrain and item textures, custom HD Font character widths, custom colors, custom block color palettes, custom lighting, unlimited texture size|
|Support for Shaders||Based on the Shaders Mod by Karyonix|
|Dynamic Lights||Allows handheld and dropped light emitting items to illuminate the objects around them. Similar, but not related to the Dynamic Lights mod|
|Variable Render Distance||From Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps. Sun, moon and stars are visible in Tiny and Short distance|
|Configurable Smooth Lighting||From 1% – smooth lighting without shadows, to 100% – smooth lighting with full shadows|
|Performance: VSync||Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay|
|Smart Advanced OpenGL||More efficient, less artifacts. Fast – faster, some artifacts still visible. Fancy – slower, avoids visual artifacts|
|Fog Control||Fog: Fancy, Fast, OFF. Fog start: Near, Far|
|Mipmaps||Visual effect which makes distant objects look better by smoothing the texture details. Mipmap level – OFF, 1, 2, 3, Max. Mipmap type – Nearest, Linear|
|Anisotropic Filtering||Restores details in mipmapped textures. AF level – OFF, 2, 4, 8, 16 (depends on hardware support)|
|Antialiasing||Smooths jagged lines and sharp color transitions. AA level – OFF, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 (depends on hardware support)|
|Better Grass||Fixes grass blocks side texture to match surrounding grass terrain|
|Better Snow||Fixes transparent blocks textures to match surrounding snow terrain|
|Clear Water||Clear, transparent water with good visibility underwater|
|Random Mobs||Use random mob textures if available in the texture pack|
|Connected Textures||Connects textures for glass, glass panes, sandstone and bookshelf blocks which are next to each other.|
|Natural Textures||Removes the gridlike pattern created by repeating blocks of the same type. Uses rotated and flipped variants of the base block texture.|
|FPS Control||Smooth FPS – stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers. Smooth Input – fixes stuck keys, slow input and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities|
|Chunk Loading Control||Load Far – loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching. Preloaded Chunks – defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded. Chunk Updates per Frame – allows for faster world loading. Dynamic Updates – loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still|
|Configurable Details||Description on optifine.net|
|Configurable Animations||Description on optifine.net|
|Fast Texturepack Switching||Switch the current Texturepack without leaving the world|
|Fullscreen Resolution||Configurable fullscreen resolution|
|Debug||Fast Debug Info – removes lagometer from debug screen. Debug Profiler – removes profiler from debug screen|
|Time Control||Default, Day Only or Night Only – works in only in Creative mode|
|Autosave||Configurable Autosave interval. A fix for the famous Lag Spike of Death|
- OptiFine 1.11.2
- Updated to Minecraft 1.11.2
- Fixed flowing lava texture
- Fixed texture atlas to correctly grow up to the maximum texture size
- Added shader properties “sun=true|false” and “moon=true|false”
- Fixed Danymic Lights for entities falling outside of the world (y < 0)
- Fixed connected glass pane to only remove up/down segment texture when neighbour has a segment at this side
- Fixed CIT damage as percentage
- Compatible with Forge #2002
- OptiFine 1.11
- Updated to Minecraft 1.11
- Fixed PureBDCraft saplings in GUI, removed hack for plants, resource packs should use “symmetry=all” for flowers
- Fixed water block color from below
- Fixed chunk loading race condition
- Fixed connected textures for glass panes to affect only sides (keep top and bottom textures)
- Fixed VSync to be loaded correctly
- OptiFine 1.10.2
- Updated to Minecraft 1.10.2
- Fixed memory usage with AF and AA
- Fixed single-core chunk loading
- Enabled simple spectral effect when Fast Render, Antialiasing or Shaders are active
- Fixed chunk loading when changing dimensions
- Removed all Mojang content from final JAR
- Added support for class patches
- Updated to Minecraft 1.10.2
- Compatible with Minecraft Forge #1797
- OptiFine 1.11
- Updated to Minecraft 1.11
- Integrated support for shaders, based on the GLSL Shaders Mod by Karyonix
- The shader rendering features are fully disabled when no shader is active, no FPS penalty
- The shaders are not compatible with classic Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filtering and Fast Render
- Added post-processing antialasing shader, based on modified FXAA
- Disabled post-processing shaders (Secret Settings) when classic antialiasing is enabled, not compatible
For Minecraft 1.11.2, 1.11 and 1.10.2, sp614x merged the Shaders Mod into OptiFine and has released OptiFine with shaders support integrated.
Install OptiFine HD Mod 1.12
OptiFine HD Mod 1.12 is easy to install. This short tutorial will explain you how to install this mod in your Minecraft installation. This install guide should work with all existing versions of the game. Download links for this mod can be find below.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod on this page.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
If you need help, please leave a comment below! We can help you if you are still having problems getting the file to work. Other users can help you too!