Mercurius Mod 1.12.1/1.12 is a newly created analytics mod for Minecraft. Its author describes it as a very simple, transparent and open tool which is fully working on the latest version of the game. I can say that it is also really lightweight. It took a lot of time and hard work for Mercurius, its author, to develop it. It fully allows the community to openly gain inside into the versions of Minecraft out there. Moreover, the mod strictly respects Snooper settings. It also make possible mod integration for other mod makers to send in their own data. Moreover, this mod is free to use in any modpack and that’s a pretty good news.
So, to resume, Mercurius 1.12.1/1.12 is a basic analytics mod sending data for Forge. All sent data can be viewed under the config section and individually opted out. To fully disable remove the mod or disable snooper. This mod is build to help you custom mod integration for other mod makers to send in their own data. This mod is currently updated to API v2 to support Minecraft latest version. Currently, a lot of data is being collected by the Mercurius Mod. You can find the full list here. This view also shows a snapshot of what data and their values is sent. Please note that source code and public dashboard are going to be released very shortly.
Data collected by Mercurius:
- SessionID – Random identifier created with SecureRandom and SHA256 iterated 5 times. Value is reset every time the game restarts.
- AdID – Random identifier created with SecureRandom and SHA256 iterated 5 times. Value is constant for each Minecraft instance. The value is computed on first run of Minecraft with the mod installed.
- Allocated Memory and Max memory
- Minecraft Version
- MCP Version
- Forge Version
- Active mod count, total mod count
- ModPack – custom value defined in forgeanalytics.cfg allowing modpack creators to identify their packs.
- Each individual value is individually opt-out-able by the user by going to Mods -> Forge Analytics -> Config
How To Install Mercurius Mod 1.12.1
Mercurius Mod 1.12 is easy to install. This short tutorial will explain you how to install this mod in your Minecraft installation. This install guide should work with all existing versions of the game. Download links for this mod can be find below.
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod on this page.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
If you need help, please leave a comment below! We can help you if you are still having problems getting the file to work. Other users can help you too!