What is Mercurius Mod 1.12.2?
Mercurius Mod 1.12.2 and 1.11.2 is a newly created analytics mod for Minecraft. Its author describes it as a very simple, transparent and open tool which is fully working on the latest version of the game. I can say that it is also really lightweight. It took a lot of time and hard work for Mercurius, its author, to develop it. It fully allows the community to openly gain inside into the versions of Minecraft out there. Moreover, the mod strictly respects Snooper settings. It also make possible mod integration for other mod makers to send in their own data. Moreover, this mod is free to use in any modpack and that’s a pretty good news.
So, to resume, Mercurius 1.12.2 and 1.11.2 is a basic analytics mod sending data for Forge. All sent data can be viewed under the config section and individually opted out. To fully disable remove the mod or disable snooper. This mod is build to help you custom mod integration for other mod makers to send in their own data. This mod is currently updated to API v2 to support Minecraft latest version. Currently, a lot of data is being collected by the Mercurius Mod. You can find the full list here. This view also shows a snapshot of what data and their values is sent. Please note that source code and public dashboard are going to be released very shortly.
Data collected by Mercurius:
- SessionID – Random identifier created with SecureRandom and SHA256 iterated 5 times. Value is reset every time the game restarts.
- AdID – Random identifier created with SecureRandom and SHA256 iterated 5 times. Value is constant for each Minecraft instance. The value is computed on first run of Minecraft with the mod installed.
- Allocated Memory and Max memory
- Minecraft Version
- MCP Version
- Forge Version
- Active mod count, total mod count
- ModPack – custom value defined in forgeanalytics.cfg allowing modpack creators to identify their packs.
- Each individual value is individually opt-out-able by the user by going to Mods -> Forge Analytics -> Config
How to Install this Mod?
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge API.
- Open Minecraft launcher then select Forge profile.
- Find your minecraft application folder:
On Windows, open Run from the start menu, type
%appdata%\.minecraft\and click Run. On Mac, open Finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for minecraft.
- Place Mercurius Mod into your Mods folder. If you don't have one, create it now.