Installing Minecraft Resource Packs and Minecraft Texture Packs manually is not always an easy process, so we’ve created this guide to help you along the way. As of Minecraft 1.6 texture packs have been officially renamed as resource packs. Resource packs allow players to customize textures, music, sounds, language files, end credits, splashes, and fonts, but do not change the actual gameplay. This guide will explain how to install resource packs that have been made for Minecraft. You can install resource packs of all resolutions, on Macs and PCs. However make sure your computer can handle them (high resolutions can be very consuming). This tutorial is up-to-date for Minecraft 1.12.1/1.12, 1.11 and lower versions.
Before installing resource packs, we recommend to download and install OptiFine HD. It allows Minecraft to run faster and look better with full support for HD textures and many configuration options.
Resource packs allow for Minecraft players to significantly change the appearance of the game. Unlike mods which add new content to Minecraft and essentially change the way the game works, resource packs are simply cosmetic updates that give the game a kind of facelift, making it look different and in most cases improving the appearance of various textures in the game. Resource packs come in many resolutions, as low as 8x and as high as 512x, with the higher resolution packs doing more to improve the look of the game with beautiful textures and a high level of detail.
How to Correctly Install Minecraft Resource Packs
1. Download a resource pack from this website. You should get a .zip file, do not unzip it. Click here to view all our resource packs.
2. Open the folder to which you downloaded the file.
3. Copy the downloaded .zip file.
4. Launch Minecraft.
5. Click on “Options”, then “Resource Packs”.
6. Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
7. Paste the file into the resource folder in Minecraft.
8. The texture pack will now show up in Minecraft. Highlight over the pack in the available packs section and click the blue rightward arrow. This will move the pack to the selected packs section and apply it to the game.
You can have more than one resource pack active at a time. The very top one is your main. If any resources are missing from that pack it will use the one below it. If any are missing from those two it will use the one below that and so on. If you are not seeing your Resource Pack click on the “Open resource pack folder” and double check to make sure you copied over the Resource Pack file to the correct folder.
Click here to download amazing Minecraft resource packs from our site!