GLSL Shaders Mod 1.11.2 adds shaders to Minecraft and add multiple draw buffers, shadow map, normal map, specular map. For people who become bored with the flat and unrealistic shades, shadows and other lightnings effects in the game, a mod like this is the perfect addition to change appearance of your world. It is now updated with Minecraft 1.11.2 but make sure you have installed the latest version of the game so that it works properly! How it looks depends on selected shaderpack and some user settings. Basically it is a very realistic modification that provides a smoother lighting effect, as well as more realistic shadows that reflect shapes. Not only that, but you can easily take full advantage of numerous other effects without any hassle. Moreover, it is also very easy to install and compatible with plenty of other mods and tools. Shaders mods literally transforms your Minecraft world into a whole new, more immersive and appealing experience unlike anything you have ever seen before.
Note that GLSL Shaders Mod on its own is mostly about the graphics, and how Minecraft looks, you can be sure that installing and running it can be pretty demanding on your computer system, that is why you should try and get a good rig for it. You will need a powerful graphic card to render the textures and lighting effect with Shaders enabled. It is recommended to install Minecraft Forge or FML to make installation process and use of this mod much easier. This mod requires recent and fast graphic card with NVIDIA or AMD GPU. Graphics effects do not come out of nowhere, they require computing power of both CPU and GPU. Some shaderpacks render around 10 times slower than vanilla Minecraft. You can expect low frame rate if your computer cannot get more than 200 FPS from vanilla Minecraft. However there is some lagless shaders mods you can try if you have an old or cheap computer and you want to play in a more realistic world. Check the download links below! With the help of the GLSL Shaders Mod you have the unique opportunity to enter a stunning, appealing and just plain beautiful Minecraft game.
GLSL Shaders Mod 1.11.2 and 1.11 is the latest update available of the mod, however pleae note that it cannot be used on 1.11.3, 1.11.6 versions etc however it perfectly works with 1.11. The mod version for Minecraft 1.11.2 is available for downloading since the mod coder pack and Forge are released. If you are not familiar with installing mods or tools in the Minecraft directory your can download the installer. Note GLSL is compatible with Forge and OptiFine for 1.11.2. To improve the visuals in Minecraft instantly, use Minecraft 1.11.2 and get this mod!
GLSL Shaders can work with OptiFine 1.11.2, 1.11 and 1.11 (please install OptiFine before Shaders Mod). Forge can load it from mods folder but it may still have some graphics glitch. It is normal that shader packs does not appear in Forge/FML mod list. Finally, this is compatible with Forge 1486 but you cannot use it with OptiFine_1.11.0_HD_U_D2 at the same time.
Mobs do not flash red when hit and creepers do not flash when they are about to explode. Vanilla lighting are not completely eliminated when “old lighting” option is off. Plus there is a poor performance chunk clipping. Minecraft may crash while toggling normal map or specular map.
- Fixed compatibility with Forge 1486.
- Improved installer a little. Allow installation even if Minecraft jar has not been downloaded.
- Fixed crash while rendering compass in item frame.
- Fixed compatibility with AMD Catalyst 14.9.
- Fixed strange lines appear on some blocks types with SEUS v10.1.
Below are listed some of the best and most popular Shaders Mods and Shaderpacks based on the GLSL Shaders Mod. All these shaders packs comes with their own installation tutorial but for most of them, the installation process is same. You can install multiple shaders but you can only use one of them while playing Minecraft. Click on the shaderpack you want to download!
- Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders
- Sildur’s Shaders
- Chocapic13’s Shaders
- MrMeepz’ Shaders
- Naelego’s Cel Shaders
New! For Minecraft 1.11.2, 1.11 and 1.11, sp614x merged the Shaders Mod into OptiFine and has released OptiFine with shaders support integrated. You can download OptiFine only and you will get the Shaders Mod included!
Install GLSL Shaders Mod 1.11.2
Follow this short installation tutorial to know how to properly install GLSL Shaders Mod in Minecraft.
Here are two installation tutorials for the GLSL Shaders Mod. You can install the non-forge version or the forge version, I recommend you to use the second one. It is much easier to use forge because you just have to copy and paste the mod jar file in the mod folder in your game directory. But the result will be the same, just choose one of these tutorials.
Install GLSL Shaders Mod without Forge:
- Start Minecraft launcher.
- You should run Minecraft at least once and close it.
- Close Minecraft launcher.
- Run Shaders Mod installer.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click ShadersMod.jar or something similar.
- Alternatively, you may run java from command line or batch file. This is the command to use "java -jar ShadersMod-v2.4.12mc1.8.jar". You may have to use full path to java.exe if it is not in your PATH environment.
- Open Minecraft launcher. Select Profile ShadersMod and click Play.
- Open Option screen. There should be Shaders button. Click it to open Shaders screen.
- Now you can download shaderpacks and enjoy the mod!
Install GLSL Shaders Mod with Forge (recommended):
- Download and install Minecraft Forge API.
- Download GLSL Shaders Mod (download links are below).
- Press start and type in %appdata%.
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Locate to your mods folder (if this folder does not exist you can create one).
- Copy Shaders Mod jar file to mods subfolder in your game folder.
- Open the Minecraft launcher and select Forge profile.
- Now you can download shaderpacks and enjoy the mod!
Need help? Feel free to leave a comment below this article.
Download GLSL Shaders Mod
Download links are broken or missing? Please leave a comment below this article!
- Download from Official Website: Download GLSL Shaders Mod